Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Traveling Days: the days from HELL

*** DISCLAIMER: BRENT DID NOT PROOF READ!!!***
Okay, so I know the pictures look glamorous and lets face it they are! But there are days that are totally miserable in EVERY sense of the word! TRAVEL DAYS!!! These are the days where we switch countries. I thought I would walk you through one.

First it starts with packing... We have to make sure our big ones don't weigh to much and our carry-on's will fit in the luggage racks. We are pretty much experts at this point. (half hour or so)

Then we wait for the bus, followed by the train usually one to two hours.
Then we try to catch our Airport Express train... just to fin dout they will be on strike ALL day! So we get to re-route, back onto another train, then a transfer, then another bus all equaling about two and a half hours and many upset words and feelings on my part.


Finally we are at the airport, we wait in line for tickets, to check our bags, to get our passports checked and finally to board... another hour and a half

After the flight we get our luggage and find our bus into city center (1 hour), getting yelled at because we have to much luggage (I know okay so no one has to tell me EVER again!), then onto a train, transferring to a urban train (1 hour). I usually want to cry at this point for mental exhaustion.

Then we walk and get lost (close to tears every-time because I know we can't afford a taxi and I just want one so bad!) and finding help (BLESS ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO TAKE PITY ON US!), until... it is finally over...
I feel the most tired after a travel day. It is usually just sitting around waiting for the next thing to go wrong! Only one more until we are HOME in Budapest!

2 comments:

Erica and Spencer said...

you mean only one more day until you find your home in Budapest? : )

Audrey said...

This is the one part I am not even remotely jealous of. The actual traveling part is the worst aspect of vacationing.