Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Journey Begins!

The Journey is FINALLY BEGINNING... and I would be lying if I didn't admit I am a little scared. It is hard for me to understand that I will soon be in another part of the country, then another part of the world not seeing my home country for four months! I am a little scared but mostly I am really excited and hope that I take this experience for all it is worth!

Since this is going to be so different from my normal day to day blogs I have thought a lot about how I am going to share this experience and how I am going to want to remember it. I decided am going to try something a little different. Instead of only blogging my day to day adventures (which are always amazing) I am also going to blog my TOP TEN Experiences every week. Hopefully, this will encourage me to keep looking for and recognizing the amazing things that I am getting to enjoy despite settling in Budapest for 3 of the 4 months we will be gone. This list will be posted on Sunday's and be comprised of Touristy things, funny international blunders, great memories or something I just want to be able to remember later on in life!

I am so excited about this experience and just want to say how grateful I am for everyone in my life who made this experience possible. Although I like to think my obsessive hard work, long hours and thrifty spending made this possible it is not true at all, so here is my short list of "thank yous".

Thank you:
Mom and Dad for letting us stay with you all summer rent free. You are amazing, most people can't live with their parents but I am always a little sad to leave, even though I know you would prefer to keep Brent around! Thank you also for taking care of our Kitty cat, I know you will refuse to let us have her back in December, only took two years to get there!

Mom and Dad in-law for letting me steal you son and always supporting us in our decisions and helping us save our money by spoiling the HECK out of us! I only wish I knew how to repay you since you already have everything!

Blake and Maren for being more than willing to let us stay with you on our way up to Canada and Back, talking me down out of stressful situations, and getting me excited about this experience!

Sean and Melanie for always being more than willing to step in and rescue us when our plans fall through, being more than generous on our family vacations so we can save our money and for being understanding about everything!

Finally Brent (told you this was my short list!). Thank you for working hard to get this scholarship, providing the opportunity. Thank you for sharing my love of travelling and seeing the world. Thank you for being belittling yourself enough to marry me! Thank you for working so hard this summer to make this financially possible!
Check Spelling
I can not ever tell you how exciting this is and how grateful I am. I feel like I did nothing in comparison to the love and generosity everyone around me has shown! I am so grateful and excited to leave and share my experience (via blog of course!)

I hope I can keep everyone reading since I can't just text to see how everyone is doing anymore! If you read please post a comment so I can feel a little love, you don't even need and account just post it under the anonymous tab and sign your name!

Love you all and see you in December!

1 comment:

Erica and Spencer said...

ugh...I can't even begin to tell you guys how jealous I am! I can't wait to live your adventures through you! So you had better post a ton of blogs because that and Facebook are the only ways I'll be able to stay updated for the next four months.

We are going to miss you dearly!! Can't wait to see you in January!