Friday, September 10, 2010

ICELAND: Day Two!!!

I know it has been a couple of days but I didn't have internet on my own computer so I am going to make up for it now! This is the second day of Iceland and then I will move onto London (which will be crazy!)

(Written as of Tuesday September 7, 2010)

Can I just say that sleep is a wonderful wonderful thing!!! Seriously I was so tired, I post the blog and within 30 seconds I was asleep! Brent and I both slept the vast majority of the night. Brent did wake up from about 2:00 am-4:00 am because he was watching the Boise Football game! Ha Ha! He said he woke up hungry and that would make sense because 2:00 am is actually 7:00 pm for us, but not for long!

Waking up was easy and after getting ready we had breakfast (provided by our guesthouse!). We ate a lot of cereal, toast, and fruit! I figure fruit for the next two weeks is going to be hard to come by so I really should get a ton while it is free!

After Breakfast we were off to the shopping district! It was a lot of fun and we found some cool things but they were all super super expensive so we just looked. We did however find a candle holder made from Volcanic glass, spoon, and a pen for Blair!

This is one of the first shops we saw when our shoping adventure started... I know a couple people who could relate!
They has these stuffed animals everywhere. We were starring at the same thing!
Walking through the streets was very fun. There was so much graffiti art everywhere. The silver peak was actually made of little mirrors so they would shimmer different colors throughout the day!

After shopping we walked our bags about 2 km to the bus station. Once I hit the bus this is what happened. I have actually gotten very good at falling asleep in uncomfortable positions!

So iceland security is kinda a joke, they didn't really look at our passports, we were in a line of two people through the security check. It was very refreshing not have to worry about it! Once in the airport I realized I hadn't gotten Brent his hot dog! Let me explain, Brent spent a lot of time researching what we should do and he found that in Iceland they have really good hot dogs, but we never really had time to find one. Well we found some at the airport! They were different. I little juicier and the juice was more tangy. It is hard to describe but they were good!
This was our last day in Iceland and now I am sitting in the airport waiting to board to head to LONDON! I also made a list of things that I found out that I didn’t want to forget about my trip!

Things to Remember about Iceland:

The smell of Sulfur is EVERYWHERE, including the drinking water!
The toilets flush by pulling up on a knob on the top of the tank or pushing a pad behind the seat on the wall
The showers have two knobs: one for shower pressure one for temperature
Bus drivers are crazy but efficient!
It is very expensive for food, clothing and just about everything, Fly bus is the most expensive and required to get into town!
It is a rainy rainy place!
People don’t seem very nice (I am sure they are but they have quick answers I felt stupid a lot)
They do not use the Euro, only the Krona!
It is a fun way to spend a day or two!

2 comments:

Erica and Spencer said...

So my blogger dashboard is saying that you posted another post about London but when I go try to read it, it seems to have gone missing. What happened?

Audrey said...

Did they have any "can you please just leave" posters? Cause I can think of several occasions where one would come in handy. Or even just a flashcard...