Sunday, September 5, 2010

Camp is Over!!!

So the summer is finally over, and man am I a glad about that. I was the camp director this year and I think I did and OK job. I am use to being in charge but having a staff and managing problems and trying to shape a program without being overbearing and controlling is really difficult. For me this summer was a really learning experience. All the programs turned out really well and I only had one parent who had an issue with ANYTHING all summer, so I am calling this a successful year. Even though I struggled many times this summer there were a lot of good times too! One of my favorite every summer is the final BBQ. I always help out with the Rivercrest BBQ.

These are my counselors Erica and Kyle. They were amazing and so organized it really took a lot of stress off!
I was in charge of cooking the burgers. Everyone wanted to help until they figured out I just sit there, then is was just Brianna and me!

After Lunch was over (which was AMAZING!) two of the older girls wanted to do hair and make up! Annika was doing my hair but Kyle just HAD to know how hard it was. I couldn't see his curls, I guess the first one flopped but the second one had good shape and bounce! Yeah for learning new things!
Plus look at Tristan and Miranda in the background! Tristan is SO EMO, so he just had to make sure his hair was SUPER straight! ha ha!

This is something I wasn't expecting! Kyle made a poster that said "We LOVE Mallory" and then in fine print "1/2 as much as Kyle and Erica!' It was really sweet because these kids are really really amazing, so frustrating at times but super amazing!

Here is everyone in there true form! Kids are awesome!
So the summer is over. Everything is done and put away and I can not be more happy about it! Along with the summer ending it means our European Adventure is beginning! I can not believe how quickly it hit us. Right now I am sitting in the Seattle Airport waiting to fly to Boston to connect to Iceland!!

1 comment:

Erica and Spencer said...

Are you guys spending any time in Boston? We loved it when we visited out there. It reminded me a lot of home oddly enough. I could see myself living in Boston...