Monday, December 20, 2010

The Surgery

Arvid Carlson (in our branch) is a doctor. He works for the embassy and travels around Europe checking up on Diplomats and things. He is also amazing! Since we got kicked out of our apartment on Friday the Carlson's we kind enough to let us stay with them for a few days until our plane arrived! One perk is that Arvid is always so willing to help with everything. Late Sunday night Cade told Arvid that he couldn't hear out of one ear and was afraid that he had compacted earwax. So now I present the story of Cade's Compacted earwax.

The Subject
First Arvid pulled out his tool to see if there was actually ear wax in there. There was. Arvid is so wonderful. I am so interested in everything medical so Arivd let me take a look inside the ear. He showed me the ear drum but the utensil died before I go to look in the clogged one!

During the procedure Cade had to hold his own water catcher! His eyes are watering because it felt weird.


The Procedure was squirting water into the ear canal hoping to dislodge the obstruction.

Eventually he went and got a little pick, and wedged it out. Here is what it looked like! Arvid let me poke at it!

Dr. Carlson is a really great doctor! He is so modest in his abilities and always willing to help out someone. Even more than being willing he is willing to TALK to me about what it is like being a doctor, the schooling involved, some of the other options in the medical field and so on! Maren always talks about how she wishes she would have been a dentist, and I think I feel the same way about being a Doctor. The discussion I have with the Carlson's are always so uplifting and inspiring. I simply think the world of them!

2 comments:

Cool Waters said...

That's gross. But yeah I love all things medical too! Mostly watching it on TV :) Glad you guys didn't need any major surgery or anything!!

Maren and Blake said...

Blake has the same problem. About once every 3 months or so, I get to take some luke warm water and dislodge his ear wax. One of the perks of marriage. I hope Kristi watched closely.