Thursday, December 23, 2010

Awful Start to AMAZING Annecy

FIRST ANNECY POST!!! THERE ARE 7 IN TOTAL BUT THEY GO IN ORDER THIS TIME! CHECK THEM ALL OUT!

Geneva ended rough. Running around a city you don't know is rough, but we figured out how to get to the bus station to catch our 7:40 am bus. So at 5:30 the alarm went off. We got up, got dressed, grabbed the camera, tickets and our lunch for the day. We walked the 25 minutes (we had to walk fast:( ) to catch our bus, once we got to our bus stop we discovered that stop was closed for a street market. We sprinted to the next closest bus stop and luckily, made it!

We took the bus 25 minutes to the main train station, just missed the tram we were suppose to catch but got on the next one, which was fine. When we got off the tram, we couldn't find the train station. We asked around and were told it was only a block away. I am pretty used to these type of hiccups now so it isn't to bothersome.

We were told we would catch the bus to Annecy, France, at the smaller train station in Geneva. Turns out the "smaller" one really meant deserted one. We tried to find someone to ask where we caught the bus but we couldn't find anyone. Brent told me to stay where I was and he would go try and find someone. I am used to this, he will usually jog about a block and come right back, but this time he left and 5 minutes passed and it was 7:40 no bus and no Brent. The ten minutes passed and I started to get worried that the bus would arrive and Brent wouldn't be back. Then 15 minutes passed and I was just scared there was no Brent, forget the bus! At this point I started yelling his name, like a crazy person. Another 5 minutes and I started to get little panicked. Did I mention Brent had all the money, passports and EVERYTHING with him. After 25 minutes alone in a dark foreign country I started to cry, trying to not look to crazy while I yelled for him. I was absolutely terrified. I had no idea what to do, or what I should have done if the bus arrived or how I would call my mom if Brent didn't turn up.

Just then a train pulls into the station and who hops off but Brent. I guess he had jumped on to ask for help, but the doors shut behind him and he had to ride it a stop before he could get back on another one to come back.

Needless to say, I was happy he was back, but was in no mood to even look at him. Less than 5 minutes after he got back, the bus arrived. It was 40 minutes late. It was a miracle because we were still able to catch the bus despite the international incident!

This picture is me on the bus still not being in a very photogenic mood.

Luckily, the day got better from there!

No comments: