Wednesday, December 8, 2010

City Park and Christmas Market

On Monday, Brent and I woke up at 7:30 am and walked to Parliament to buy tickets, we arrived only to discover they were not open that day due to a special program... I was a little annoyed but not much because I knew we had great weather to go to city park!

At City Park we have the castle. The museums were all closed on Monday, which is really unfortunate. The outside is really pretty, but my favorite part is the gift shop!!! Only because they have a kitten in there! He was asleep this time, but so cute! I loved petting him!

This is the whole castle area! Pretty epic? I agree.

On Tuesday, Brent woke up early ( I know I am the WORST!) and walked down to parliament to get ticekts. Well this time they only had tickets to the 12:00 pm tour and Brent had a final at 1:00 pm, so we couldn't go again! He was more than annoyed! That day we mainly hung around the house until that evening, when we ventured out into the WONDERFUL weather to the Christmas Market!

Brent had to have piping hot Chimney Bread over coals. Triple the price of the oven baked ones, but they are so huge! Dipped in Cinnamon and Sugar made it amazing! A treat we all enjoyed, and may have to enjoy again before we leave!

Brent said it was to crispy on the outside, but I only tasted deliciousness!

Monday and Tuesday didn't really go according to plan but we had a great time anyway! I think Brent and I have officially lost all desire to go into parliament!

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

So you never made it to Parliment? That's ok, the food looks yummy.