Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Castle Hill

The day after Vienna we had it planned to go to Castle Hill. Well my feet hurt, my head hurt, and I needed a break so Brent, being the wonderful amazing husband he is, took Tyler up to see the Castle while I slept in before church.

On top of Castle Hill they saw St. Matthias church. This was Brent's Second time up to Castle hill and the second time they were not allowed in the church because it was closed!

They also explored the old town. I think this is one of the most beautiful parts of Budapest. It seems very Scandinavian.

They also visited Fisherman's Bastion. This is where the fisherman used to bring their catches to sell to the public. Why they would chose to hike up a giant hill to do that I have no idea! This looks like a total fairy tale tower to me! I am so going to miss looking across the river at it!

From the top of Castle hill you can see all of the pest side! I am point out where we live, although you can't see it from here! Castle hill is about a 25 minute walk! Brent said he was glad I didn't come because every step was caked in ice, which would have made me stress out more than anything!

They also explored the castle. They went all the way around it, which I never got to do, and inside a little bit.
They arrived at church early which was fortunate because a friend had an early meeting and nothing to do with her two girls, luckily it was Brent and Tyler to the Rescue!

I spent a wonderful morning laying in bed drifting in and out of consciousness! I couldn't have asked for a better morning! After church we walked home across the lit up chain bridge and spent the night singing to the recorder (thanks Kristi!) and making dessert crepes! It was a great day for everyone!

***Note how only one picture had a person in it! This is what happens when Brent has the camera and I am not around! He love the artsy shots and kinda forgets that the people are the real memories! His pictures are Beautiful though!***

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

It is so beautiful. I like the artsy photos too, after there are people in them of course.