Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Labryinth

As our time with Tyler was growing quickly to a close we made a list of the other things we could do. Nothing was vitally touristy, but out of our short list (we have done most everything!) She chose the Labyrinth. We woke up early, and walked over to Castle Hill where the entrance was located. It was suppose to open at 9:30 am but of course no one showed up until 10:00 am. Once we got in we were pretty excited about the expansive underground system!
This is one of the many wells that we found along our journey! Water was constantly running throughout the entire cave. We all got dripped on more than once!

This was called the axis of the world. I am not sure what it is, but is was cool.


Drawings on the wall in the Prehistoric part of the cave system. The music through out the labyrinth was creepy which made Tyler really wish we didn't come at all. I will admit there was one room which we held hands because it was really scary!

Another well, I was trying to figure out why the water was bright green at the bottom!

What/Who is this guy/thing?

This is a really neat monument! It looks like warriors or guardians protecting the cross!

As we approached this room I kept saying "oh man, do you smell paint thinner? It smells like paint thinner!" Apparently, I was smelling wine! It was so gross I couldn't take it! Those fountain in the ivy had wine flowing through them. I couldn't wait to leave!

This is called the crown in the rock (or something similar). This is where I got really creeped out. The floor was covered in water so it looked like the guy was drowning.

In the end of history room we saw a stone that had footprints in rock (with shoes on), the plaque said they couldn't be dated so they were alien. I am not sure if it was intended to be a joke but this coke bottle was also there so I think it probably was!
Overall it was a good time! We enjoyed the exploration process and I think once the lights were back on and the music became normal Tyler enjoyed it as well!

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

When I saw Labryinth, I thought you were going to go to a place like the 1980's movie starring David Bowie. This one looked pretty cool though.