Friday, March 13, 2015

Thanksgiving: Portland Zoo

This year Thanksgiving took us back to Oregon.  We were lucky enough to overlap with Toren and Audrey and have some true Portland fun!

One of our first stops was at the Oregon Zoo.  They had the whole park decorated for Zoo Lights but none of them were turned on.

Harper had a lot of fun pointing out the Starfish.
We thought she would really like riding on top of the lion statues but she couldn't wait to get off and run around.
The lions were really majestic.  The dad lion was just sitting on his rock overlooking his little pack.
Oh, how did I know he was a dad?  Because he had his three little cubs running around him.  They were so adorable.  One kept getting up on the rock with him and pretended to be the big man on campus. 
Harper really enjoyed seeing the cubs, well if she even saw them.  At this age who knows what she is looking at.
This was in the bird enclosure.  Austin was really fascinated by him but after he left I figured out how to get the bird to give kisses.  Since I am a good Aunt I tracked Austin down and took him back to get some bird kisses of his own. (side note: who can spot my outtie belly button?!) 
When Harper got bored of looking at the animals she made a point to push the stroller through the park.
It was a a perfect day for the zoo.  A little chilly normally but because you are walking all over it felt really delightful!  I was never a fan of the zoo as a kid but as I get older I enjoy watching the animals more and more. This in no way means I ever plan to own animals, I am not a fan of the responsibility.  I might consider it if I get to have one of those lion cubs for a few years.

No comments: