Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Harpers 1st Birthday

As I look at facebook, I read comments on how mom's have purchased the decorations, ordered the food and sent out the invites for their child's first birthday, and then you have me.  The day before I decided that we should actually do something for it.  I invited over some of our friends.  Made a delicious carrot cake for the adults and attempted to make a cute three tiered cake for Harper (it turned out kinda rough). 
Harper had friends to play with and didn't really know what to do with the cake we put in front of her.
Inspecting the candle.
Told you it was rough.
She finally took a bite, and didn't care how it looked!

The sugar is kicking in!



She ate a good portion, threw even more on the floor and then put her binki in to show she was all done.
I may not be willing to plan a full out party for my one year old, but at least I will let her destroy a cake on her birthday!  Our friends did end up bringing a few cute presents, and we gifted Harper with a brand new car seat!  I have to think this was the best birthday she has ever had!

1 comment:

Jenny Evans (sister, not author) said...

It's not too rough, love the colors! And I love that she signaled the end with a binki in the cake. She is so stinking cute!!