Saturday, March 7, 2015

Oregon Coast

Despite having my parents in Portland, it takes the Huntley clan having a family reunion inn Oregon to get us back there.  

We were actually on able to fly in for the weekend but any time at the beach is worth it in my opinion.
As a family we hiked in to a private little beach.  Brent, of course, was out hiking to find tide pools and I got to play with Harper.
The tide pools ended up being a bust but the beach turned out to be a cove, and it was a glorious!
Harper has no fear.  She would run into the water and would have swam away if I didn't stop her!
We did have to hike into the cove which was about 3/4 of a mile and once again presented itself with amazing scenery.  Las Vegas is kinda ruining me because a cactus is not a tree, or a bush or anything!
After we  got back from the cove we decided to go to beach.  
She is just the most fun.  All of her Huntley cousins as a lot older than her but man do they enjoy playing with her.
Harper loved Tylers new puppy.
She loved destroying any castle that uncle Jason and Grandma could create.
She is pretty much one of my two favorite daughters!
Brent just had to get in the water, but despite it being July, it is Oregon and the water was FREEZING! He made it all of ten seconds.
Harper always takes some time to warm up to Uncle Jason, but he pretty much wins her over and becomes her absolute favorite!
My mom got he this little chair and she loves love loves sitting in it!
Done with cameras.
Walking out to the water.  
She looks so excited.
Walking with  Dad
She is staring at Unlce Mikes kite that is flying high.
She just couldn't imagine it.
Overall, she was not thrilled with the water!
She was thrilled about playing with her dad.  I might be fun be he is like a constant amusement park.
This is the trail that led to the beach.  I think I was about twelve weeks pregnant here and I feel like I am huge!  Oh, I wish I had stayed this big.
Since we were in Oregon almost one year after we lost Josh, we did a family memorial for him.  I ws unable to go since Harper was asleep but Brent took some pictures.
I guess the beach police were unable to send lanterns up in the air. He was kind enough to let us finish the lanterns that were already lit.
I guess the lanterns took longer than expected to fill.
I think most everyone got to send one up.
I was sad that I didn't get to go but I thought it was important that Brent was able to be there with the entire family to celebrate such a wonderful young man.

No comments: