Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Gilcrease Orchard

The fall and spring are pretty much the only times in Las Vegas where being outside is all around enjoyable.  Summer is unbearable and winter is windy and chilly (not cold but still not delightful).  This fall I really tried to take full advantage of the great weather.  When my parents came into town for Jack's Baby Blessing, we headed off to the Gilcrease orchard.
It is a pick it yourself orchard with pumpkins, apples, and all sorts of veggies.
Harper was less inclined to pick anything herself but she really loved testing out the produce for their seating abilities.
I swear she has no idea that she is just a little toddler.  She thinks she can do anything and I love it!
Brent wanted to dress her in an adorable little skirt and top, but I vetoed the idea because I said she was going to get dirty so I wanted her in pants and sneakers.
At least I know my daughter.
This is not what I am used to an orchard looking like, but be impressed that we even have this in Las Vegas.
Grandma and Austin were picking potatoes and Harper climbed over four trenches to join them.  Grandma is pretty impressed by her adventurousness.
It was a really beautiful day but we came too late in the season.  Everything was pretty much picked over and the line to purchase anything was about two hours long. So anything we were going to get got left on the side line.  I would have felt bad but there were a lot of people who weren't willing to wait in the sun for two hours to buy a sweet potato.  Hopefully they figure out a better solution for next year!

No comments: