Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pumpkin Days

Brent represents the police union out in Nye County, which consists of the outlying areas around Las Vegas.  This means he spends quite a bit of time working out in Pahrump.  One of the officers he works closely with also works with a charity and hosts an annual Halloween carnival.  We decided to make the hour long trek and it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!
There were so many awesome things from an exotic petting zoo, horse back rides, tractor ride, mini carriage rides, play grounds, pumpkin patch, haunted house, and so so much more all for the low cost of $5.00 a person. 
Harper loved petting this goat.  It turns out she was pregnant, so I think Harper felt at home.
Even though she liked the goat she still wanted mom and dad to be close.
For how much Harper likes to climb on things she didn't enjoy the hay as much as I thought she would. 
This was a little wooden fire engine.  Harper was in heaven being around all the big kids.  She would put on hats and be right in the middle of the action.  It is fun and weird as a mom to get to step back and just watch Harper play instead of being right by her side.
Discovering the joy of dress up.
This was a little ride pulled by a lawn mower.  Harper laughed the entire five minute ride.  Next year I think she'll be old enough to go by herself.
Oh, your Halloween carnival didn't have a baby lemur who tried to climb in your mouth?  Ours did!
And a giant tortoise.  I have to admit, I LOVE petting zoos.  I should never own a pet but that doesn't mean I don't love being exposed to animals.
I believe this is a Capybara.  It is a huge rodent.  Harper was looking at a smaller animal in the distance and had no idea this little guy was behind her.  Good thing, because I am not sure how she would have reacted.
Playing with the baby lemur.
It took a while but Harper started to warm up pretty quickly.  I am pretty sure I am about 27 weeks pregnant here.  I felt HUGE and like I was ready to pop but in retrospect I wasn't even close.
This was the haunted house.  Brent took Harper through but I passed.  I don't really like haunted houses.  Why? Because they are scary and I still tend to sleep with a night light.
I love this girl.
It was seriously a perfect morning.  If you live in Las Vegas this is totally worth the hour drive.  The lack of crowds and hometown feel made me thinking living in Pahrump wouldn't be the end of the world, at least for that one weekend a year!

No comments: