Saturday, May 8, 2010

Seattle Trip Day Two!

After the Mariners game on Thursday Brent and I were excited to go out and see a little bit of the city. We thought the whole family would join but Brent's Mom was really sick so everyone was in more of a relaxing mood, so Brent and I were able to go out on a fun day date!

Whenever we are in Seattle Brent always wants some good Teriyaki. We had no idea where to go so we decided to just head out our destination and my great eyes spotted this!

since I have been trying to watch my portion intake we decided to share a Beef and Chicken Teriyaki plate. The salad was a lot better than I expected so I ate most of that and Brent ate most of the beef and chicken teriyaki.

Once we were done with lunch we headed out to the Mukilteo (Muck-ill-t-o) ferry. It went out to Whidbey Island, which was a lot bigger than we expected. Look at gorgeous that skyline is.

On the Boat Brent found the steering wheel. I am so proud that we only hit one or two other boats while he was directing!
Once we were on the island we were really surprised that it was 38 miles across. We couldn't believe it. We went to the town of Langley. We went down the main little downtown area and it was really cute. Here is a chair outside of a wood and rug shop. We also found a really nice solid wood arm chair that was really pretty!

All Along the coast line there were these Totem poles. I am not sure if they were original or not but they were very cool and obviously very tall! I still can't get over how gorgeous the Northwest is!
Brent loves taking pictures of different churches. Brent didn't think this picture turned out well but I think it looks really really nice, but with so much greenery it is hard for not everything to be gorgeous~
While walking along the street we found this guy... I tried asking if he could take a picture of us and he didn't even look at me or respond! He is not a very responsible pet owner either because I totally sat on his dog and he didn't even look at me once!Brent posed this picture, and I think it turned out really cute! He is so much more artistic than me it is crazy! You also get a really good idea of how the downtown looks.
Another posed picture. The old street sign wasn't accurate but it is pretty cool when in contrast with the trees and coastline!
As we headed back on the ferry we wanted to visit this cute little lighthouse but unfortunately it was all fenced off because of construction, you think that they would leave at least the beach open for you could get closer to it.
So instead of going to the lighthouse we just went to the public beach with some ice creams from Ivar's. It was pretty cold and windy so we didn't stay to long at all!

The rest of the night we just relaxed at home. Sean made some amazing steaks and salmon while Melanie made great baked potatoes, salad and cheesy bread. I felt a bad allergic reaction coming on so I took some medicine which put me to sleep around 8:00 pm. I did wake up briefly to go get ice cream float fixings for the family. They were delicious but then I was out before I could even manage to think about to much else!

It was so much fun getting to spend some time with just Brent and me. When you are dating you think that all the time you have will be spent together, but with work, school, church, family, and other responsibilities Brent and I are lucky to get a couple hours a week where we can just be together and by then we are usually tired enough to just relax at home not really exploring the fun things around us! This day was really fun to just spend together wandering the, playing on the boat and have some fun before we truly buckle down for summer!

I have decided that I need to make a better effort to plan one day a month where we can do fun things!

3 comments:

Christi Kenley said...

Hee hee.. just wait till you have kids!! Loved the man and the dog, that was great!

Paul Schultz said...

Everything looks amazing and really fun... I expect surfing pics next time.

Jenny Evans (sister, not author) said...

I am so jealous...you are really living the life right now, babe! I miss ferry boats, and the San Juan Islands. I'm so glad you are enjoying your summer break so far...and only more fun ahead!!!