Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Mallory!

Today is my wonderful wife's 23rd birthday!!! In honor of her hitting her MID-Twenties, I thought I would say happy birthday with 23 reasons she is special!


1. Mallory introduced herself to me via a handwritten note ala 7th grade style

2. Mallory is the hardest working girl I've ever met, and it has helped make life so much easier

3. I think Mallory gets more excited for her birthday "week" than most kids do

4. Mallory is an expert at baby talk--maybe because she uses it so much

5. Mallory loves to call me a "sickness-stealer" anytime i have a headache within 1 day of her being sick

6. Mallory is a very giving person. On our honeymoon, I couldn't get her to buy anything for herself, but she couldn't stop shopping for everyone else.
7. Mallory Loves to travel and has made it a goal to visit all 7 continents, yes even antartica....she can do that alone I think

8.Mallory is the only girl I know that has a picture of her dad on the dash of her car

9. Mallory gets worked up over the smallest of injuries and will make me tape her fingers together for almost no reason



10. Mallory is a very good momma to her kitty, and insisted that counted for mother's day

11. Mallory, who hates watching baseball, has almost single-handedly made going to a mariners game an annual tradition

12. I make Mallory put up with more than anyone should have to, but she still supports all my stupid hobbies

13. Mallory gets legitimately upset if I make a funny face during pictures


14. Mallory is very easy to cheer up, all you have to know is a few tricks, like cake or french fries or to make fun of her until she gets so mad she laughs--warning, this last one can seriously backfire if not performed flawlessly

15. Although Mallory gets bored very easily, she is easy to entertain, as long as you don't try to make her choose

16. Mallory knows when she is being a brat, will admit it, then keep it up

17. Mallory would sleep for 20 hours a day if she had time, but she still waits up for me if I am working late....which means I never pulled any late studying nights

18. When Mallory finds a good book, Mallshe will finish it in 24 hours...when she finds a good movie, she will watch it four times in one week, and when she finds a good cd, she will listen to that one song for a week

19. Mallory's idea of packing me lunch is buying a box of easy mac and one of jello cups, but if that's not enough she encourages me to go out for lunch as well

20. Mallory is willing to do things she hates just to make me happy, i.e. shopping for books, or spending time in the cold

21. One time I referred to a big river as a lake, and it made her happier each time she told the story for the next year

22. Mallory loves just about everything to do with animals, and would cuddle with just about any willing animal



23. Mallory is such a fun girl, she is always up for anything!


Happy birthday Mallory! I love you, and hope you have an awesome birthday week!

5 comments:

Brent and Mallory said...

Okay fair enough... but I can refute most of the negative parts of these claims, but I won't because you are probably right! Love you!

Davis Family said...

Awww sweet! Happy Birthday Mallory!

Cheryl & Eric said...

Was your birthday today?!?!

Mom

Maren and Blake said...

I have to agree with the being a brat part. At least she own's it. What I would give to be 23 again.

erin said...

happy birthday (week?) mallory! glad we got to know more about you through the one who knows you best. :)