Friday, May 21, 2010

Progressive Dinner

So since we have been in Portland I have been having a really hard time making new friends. It is weird but for living here all growing up I find myself friendless, and that makes me pretty miserable. So I have decided to not wallow but to actually become more active in things. Tonight I started with a Progressive Dinner that the Oregon City 5th ward was hosting. We were in charge of bread and all met at the church for appetizers and conversation, then drew names and met at a host house for the rest of the meal. We went to the Mikkelsen's, who I knew because they have kids my age.
The evening started with everyone becoming their alter ego, so in attendance was Mitsy, Steve, Alli, Immanuel, Felix, and Vivian, Bridgette and Tad. (any guess on my alter ego for the night? I will say at the end) We had ravioli, salad, rolls (which we provided), and this amazing desert! It was this amazing trifle. It had vanilla pudding, fresh blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, cool whip and a white cake all layered. It was so amazing. Seriously. I think I would also like to try it with a chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding because I think that would be so great! We talked about everything including jobs, travel, funny stories and more!
Overall it was a really good time. I think I made some good contacts at church so Sunday's will continue to be a good time! I am glad I went and am hoping to have more opportunity to makes friends so I can feel more comfortable here!

Okay do you have your guess of which name was my alter ego?!?! Here are your choices again: Mitsy, Tad, Bridgette, Steve, Immanuel, Alli, Daisy, Vivian, and Felix. You should probably get an answer in mind... you should probably tell me which one you thought it was in a comment on this post... any ideas? okay here it is...

My alter ego was... Bridgette!
Brent was Felix!

Post who you thought I was!

3 comments:

Paul Schultz said...

Bridgette... That was my solid first guess. Tad was a close second, but the whole thing about the named being linked to a male kinda ruined it.

Eric and Cheryl said...

I would have made a comment, but I read it as you were writing it.

Mom

Maren and Blake said...

I thought you liked the name Bridgette for a girl, so that's what I went with. It sounds like you had a great time.