Sunday, May 9, 2010

Last Day in Seattle and MOTHER'S DAY

So on our last day in Seattle we just relaxed. Brent went on a bike ride with his brother Sean. I guess they had a few different encounters with some cows down by the river-way they were following.

Me on the other hand I just stayed home and relaxed. I decided to take a picture of the view from Sean's living room. It is on a huge hill and so it overlooks everything. At night the place just lights up and the Sunset is pretty incredible.
Sean also has a cat that is half cat and half African Serval. It is a pretty majestic animal, and luckily he just recently had all his claws taken out, so the one time he did try to swipe at he he was unsuccessful.
Here is a picture of Brent's Dad and the Kitty (Maximus) just relaxing in the sun... what a cool cat!

TODAY IS MOTHERS DAY! SO HERE IS THE WOMAN RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ALL! This is my mommy!
My dad planned a great dinner with steak, potatoes, corn and finishing with strawberry short cake... except he forgot to buy the shortcake part. Luckily Audrey and I were able to figure out a better solution! Yeah for Bisquick!

One of the fun things about this Mother's Day is we had a missionary out so my mom got to hear from Blair for the first time in about two months! It was fun and we all had a chance to talk to him and see how he was doing. I guess he just recently got in a car accident... he is okay but it would have been better had he not been in an accident at all!
While my mom was talking we were all busy cutting up strawberries for dinner! I love Strawberry shortcake ( I like it with angel food better but short cake is still pretty good)
Yeah for dinner time! We ate outside today and notice the phone in Toren's hand? That is Blair. We made him smile and everything!
Here is me trying to get a good picture with Brent... anyone else find it difficult to be married to a 5 year old?!?!
It was a really good day! It was fun having Toren and Audrey over and actually being in town for my mom to celebrate how wonderful of a mother she is... 5 kids and we are all still alive and happy!

Oh, here is the strawberry short cake... yum! How was everyone Else's mothers day?

4 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I desperately wanted short cake for dinner, but Blake didn't make it for me. I wish I was there.

Paul Schultz said...

Okay so i think the only thing that's missing is .... yep ME!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brent and Mallory said...

The cat will be so much cooler when he finishes growing!