Friday, May 7, 2010

MERRY MARINERS CHRISTMAS

So for Christmas I tried the impossible... to be a good wife. Brent and I had agreed no presents and I pretty much broke that agreement almost as soon as it was made. My parents got Brent a wii and I thought I would try to out do them with four tickets and a $20 gift card to a Mariners game. We all went to the Mariners game last year and had a great time. So I thought we would try it again.
This is the beautiful Safeco Field. It is in a beautiful part of town and the night life was very enchanting. I loved it!
Here is everyone we dragged along! Brent, Mom, Dad, Melanie and Sean. We all were present last year at the game where we ROASTED!!! It was so hot and unbearable! Luckily this year was an evening game... and therefore FREEZING!

Brent and I were finally able to just relax!! I bought Brent a Mariners Jersey (easily his most expensive piece of clothing) last year but it was so cold we both had to cuddle up in jackets (Brent is wearing his mom's jacket... He is 26 and his mom still looks out for him!!!)

It was pretty cold so during the 6th inning Brent really wanted ice cream but everyone else thought Hot Chocolate was more in order... boy were we right!
Sean and Melanie ended up buying a Mariners Fleece Blanket to stay warm. I think the Neon Pink and Seattle Blue really go well together. Up in the stand we saw two more blankets like this... Held by 6 14-16 year old girls in the shortest shorts I had ever seen... I am super glad I am not them!
Some of you know that I am personally NOT a huge baseball Fan, so you maybe wondering how I could possibly get through a whole game There are two ways...
First, Thank you to all my friends who texted me endlessly during the game. It was a lot easier to make it through a game when your mind is a million different places.

Second... I went walking a lot. Whenever someone needed water, a fork, napkins or anything else in the world I was off. I enjoyed walking around the stadium and taking pictures of the views! It is because of these two coping techniques that when I did watch the game I really really enjoyed it!
This was amazing! The view of the harbor and boats and city skyline was gorgeous. Really made me finally feel like I was home back in the northwest! Can you believe I was actually homesick for Utah this week?!?!

Like I said we did get a $20.00 gift card to the stadium when I bought the tickets so Brent and I ate stadium food and didn't even car how much we paid. We had garlic fries and hot dogs for dinner and then later we moved on to some healthier choices...
NACHO'S to share and another HOT DOG for Brent. It was really fun not having to worry about spending more money once we were already on vacations! (Don't you love the hair?!?! I wish I could get the windblown look everyday :)

Overall it was a really fun game to go to. The cold weather was something we decided bundling up could easily fix.


It was a really fun game. Brent and I had a great time! With moving, and starting new jobs, and packing and everything else this was a great time for us to reconnect and just have an amazing time being together! I love Brent and because of that I can officially say I am a true blue Mariner!

P.S. Mariners lost 8-0 next year we are going to an easy game, bundled up for an evening game! Yeah for thrid chances!

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

I thought you were going to the game like next weekend. When did you go up there? I totally missed that. I am glad you had a good time. Game food is so good. I guess the diet starts Monday.