Sunday, May 30, 2010

Birthday Week! (LONG POST)

So in Brent's post of 23 reasons why he loved me he did get right when he said I get excited for my Birthday week. That is right I like to take the week to celebrate my birthday! Lets face it one day a year just doesn't feel like enough! This birthday week seemed pretty tame in comparison to past years. This time I worked a normal for the first part of the week and besides getting my way from Brent all week nothing felt very different. UNTIL May 26th at 3:00 pm when I got the phone call that my sister (Audrey) was FINALLY IN LABOR!!! She was due on the 22nd but it just didn't happen so I was pretty excited. Well of course I never thought that I would ACTUALLY be sharing my birthday but of course I get a picture message from Toren at 3:00 am of my newest little nephew and Birthday mate!
The next day at school was torture! All I wanted all day was to see little Austin and finally after work I was actually able go and visit! He is so tiny! I wish I had gotten a picture of Brent holding Austin because he looked so natural! He is going to be a REALLY attractive dad one day!
This is the Happy Little Family! Audrey looks amazing for just having a baby and I love that she was really willing to talk to me about how labor really feels! I am still pretty terrified but she still makes it sound like it is totally worth it!
I continued to check on Austin everyday. On Friday at my weekly preschool meeting it was both Tammy (the other schools teacher) birthday on the 24th and mine of the 27th. So our wonderful Boss (Mom) gave us both $25 gift certificates to Barnes and Noble. So I finally got the book "The Uglies". I have been looking for this book forever but now thanks to my mommy/boss I was able to get it and now I am over half way done with it!

Saturday morning The family decided to go to the famous Portland Saturday Market! It is a bunch of Artisans booths!
Kalen was looking at some very cool hair pins with glass beads. I really liked the bracelets, which Kalen took to heart.
Brent found a ton of amazing looking stuff. Including the Japanese booth. They were gorgeous and if we had a home or money I am sure we would have been way more tempted to purchase things!
This little dragon is a whistle. It was so cool and my mom bought them for her school! The three note whistle is perfect for preschoolers and I pretty much mastered Hot Cross Buns!
This is something really neat. It is a BIRD FEEDER! I feel like I could make something like this but it wouldn't really look as professionally done. I still think it would be an amazing task to try!
The Saturday market is set up right against the river which is gorgeous!
There is also fountains all over. I love watching kids playing in the fountain even though is was drizzling the entire day!
Plus another fountain... The max train separated two parts of the market. There was a Soap Boxer. I am not exactly sure what his message was but it was interesting to watch him so committed to his cause.
Afterward Brent and I felt like eating out so we went to the local Buffet (We both just felt like eating ALOT of FOOD!!!) It was okay, not what I remember it being but the remodel made it look really really good!
Today we had the official Birthday Dinner. I chose Lemon chicken with rice and peas. I have been feeling pretty off this entire week so I was only able to handle one piece of my delicious triple chocolate and creme cake. It is pretty much a Forsberg Tradition and I bet Brent and Audrey think my mom only knows how to make one type of cake.
After Dinner I finally chose to open my presents. Brent was pretty impressed that I was able to wait 3 days past my actual Birthday. It was pretty easy for me!
The first present I opened was from Blair. Despite being on a mission he still remembered and gave me a loving Gift. He wrote me a letter and bought me a spoon from Pensacola, a shell he got at the gulf coast, a Hungarian translation sheet, and candy! The letter was by far the best!
My Mom got me this great talking card! Take a Listen it is super funny! I had to listen to it 3-4 times! My mom knows me pretty well!
Along with that they gave me two tickets to Broadway's "THE LION KING!" It is for July 3rd. I am going with Toren, Audrey, Blake, Maren and if Brent is lucky I will be nice enough to take him!
Brent's Mom went above and beyond! She gave me $50.00 for a new swim suit (WHICH I HAVE BEEN SO WANTING TO GET ONE FOR EUROPE!) along with mineral make up, and some air freshners to make our trip to Europe even better!
Kalen gave me one of the bracelets I was admiring at Saturday Market. Brent got me a new pair of jeans (which I need to trade for a different size) and a pedicure! Of course I feel bad because he hinted that I could get one tomorrow and I chewed him out that we couldn't afford. Well he really showed me!
Of course my best present was my new little nephew! I seriously can not get enough of this kid!
It was a really good Birthday week. I love being in my EARLY-20's despite what Brent says. I am so happy to be sharing my birthday with such a sweet little guy and really appreciate all the love I am getting from my family and friends! I am so lucky to be able to have a family (and especially a husband) who will put up with a whole week of Birthday excitement! Brent also has a Birthday Date planned. Since the weather has been so crummy we weren't able to do it but I will make sure to post pictures when we do! Thank you to everyone! HonestlyI really feel like 23 is going to be a really difficult year but that I am going to have more adventures than anything else I have ever experienced! Hopefully I will make the Best of EVERYTHING!

1 comment:

Tiger said...

Glad to hear you had a great birthday! And you're totally right! 23 is still considered EARLY twenties. It goes like this: 2-23 = EARLY twenties. 24-26 = Mid twenties. 27-29 = Late twenties. :D Oh, and your card was awesome! :)

Kristina