Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Only Oregon City Day

For those of you who don't know, I am not a naturally calm person. I usually have a lot of energy and wasting time is not something I enjoy. So this past Saturday Brent and I decided that we wanted to go out but didn't want to go far away, thus we decided to have an ONLY OREGON CITY DAY! Now my home town has about 30,000 people in it and is a good size but there is not a lot of thrilling activity and it really has a good small town feel... really the movie theater is all teens can do without hitting the freeway. Well since it was Saturday, this little town has a two row farmers market! There were gorgeous bouquets of flowers for only $7.00. Brent said he would have gotten me some if I weren't standing right there and also because he knows I find flowers terribly sleep but also a waste of money after the initial surprise! He is kinda sweet and considerate when he wants to be!

We saw this sign! It reminded me of something really corny I would do with customers at enterprise... I would say "no smoking and no pets, and for sure no smoking pets" I didn't do it with everyone but old men always thought I was so witty and laughed really hard... I maintain it was worth it!
This was a REALLY small farmers market and we would have gotten a better picture but there was no where that we really felt comfortable, so this is just right before we left!
Then we hit the local paperback exchange. You can turn in your old paperbacks and get new ones. I didn't have any to turn is so we just went shopping. This is the book wicked (like the play) and I thought it was pretty neat that the binding was Green! (okay maybe not as excited as I look!)
Out in front there is a bin that is 3 books for $1.00. Brent went through and picked out books for me. This was one of them... could my 26 year old husband be getting a little baby hungry? Maybe... If baby Austin would just show up it may be a different story!!!

Right around the corner from the paper back exchange is the local pet store! Look at the cute little bunny! There were also some really cute dogs and a kitten that looked just like my baby girl Caliah!
So you may be wondering why there are so many pictures of me and none of Brent. Well here was his attitude of picture taking... this was at a bookstore downtown with an art exhibit on the other side!

After we finished at the downtown bookstore we found this... A masonic temple! I couldn't believe it! I must have driven past this a million times and never noticed it!
It doesn't really fit with the rest of the block either huh!
While downtown we passed the elevator. If used to be hydro powered. It was raining really hard so we decided to stay undercover and pass on the ride to the top. We have done it before!
It was a really fun outing. Nothing amazing happened but we were just excited to get out and about. Oregon City may not be thrilling but there was enough to keep us entertained for a few hours before I went home to read and Brent went to the movie Robin Hood with the rest of the family. Does anyone have any good ideas for what to do for our next outing?

3 comments:

erin said...

totally agree with you on the flowers. they are sweet and pretty, but such a waste of money after the first day.

Cool Waters said...

Loving the pregnancy book! :) And of course missing you guys!

Erica and Spencer said...

I used to go to that paperback book store all the time when I was younger. I loved it because I had so many books to get rid of and always wanted more. Oh the memories!