Saturday, May 22, 2010

Preschool Story

So while we are in Oregon I am teaching at my Mom's preschool. Kids are so funny so I thought this would be good to keep some record of funny thing kids do and say so here is my first story...

We didn't tell the kids that she was my mom but because kids are wicked smart they all figured it out within the first day. They still call me Teacher Mallory and Her Teacher Cheryl and I call her Cheryl when we are in front of the kids. Well the first week I was just observing Cheryl teach and figuring out how the day goes and each of the kids names.

One day when the kids went into the sand box my mom let them take off their shoes! The kids loved it but it was a nightmare. None of the kids knew how to put their shoes back on and it tracked in more sand than anything! So the next week one of the little boys asked "Teacher Mallory, can we take off our shoes?" I said "No, we aren't going to take off our shoes this time."

That is when a little girl named Dalyah came up to me and with the more attitude than most teenagers said "Your MOM said we can take off our shoes!"

It was so funny! I don't even remember what I said but it was obvious she just pulled out a "Your Mom" Statement without even knowing out! It was amazing!

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

She's smart, what can I say.