Sunday, August 7, 2011

Utah Trip: Day One

Can I tell you how bad I needed a vacation... I don't think I am effectively communicate it. I needed some time to just hang out with friends and family, which I did! Do any of you remember what happened when Brent and I went to Anncey? Check it out here if you don't. Either way this trip started out similarly. We took off Thursday after work and were excited to get in, get rest and start enjoying our day. Our car, however, had a different plan.

About ten miles outside Vegas our little white car broke down. After about two hours we were able to get it back home and switch into the truck. It sounds pretty standard but it was miserable. We ended up getting in around 2:30 and went straight to bed.

Then the fun began. The next morning Brent went to work and I got my hair cut by my friend Linda (who is amazing) and went to lunch with some friends After that I picked Brent up from work and we headed to Midway to spend time with our friends, Kelly and Arvid, from Budapest.

This is what I was most excited to do while in Utah, since we weren't sure if seeing them would work out! When we got that we were amazed at how gorgeous their location and house in Midway was.

For the first part of the evening we just relaxed with Kelly, Arvid and their children, Erica, David, and Scott. It was so nice to just sit on the back porch, admire the scenery, and catch up.


Brent did do a great job of getting some great pictures!
The pond in their back yard.
Their backyard is actually right next to a golf course so this pond is frequently full of golf balls. They taught us how to get them out. It is like fishing without the patience. So we really liked it!

Mom this picture is for you. Notice the green? This is how all of Utah looked to us. It is NOTHING compared to Oregon but it sure made me hate the orange and dirt of Vegas.

This picture was taken by Kelly and Arvid's son Scott. Look at what an amazing job he did!
After we finished dinner and catching up there was just enough time to play a game or two and then Erica and her family, and David had to head back to Provo. It was great meeting them. I got along with all of them, which only makes sense since I am such good friends with the person who raised them!

Keep checking back to see how Kelly and I entertained ourselves later that evening!

1 comment:

erid and cheryl said...

Of course the golf course was green. In Utah they water them all through the night! Show me a green picture outside of the gold course! (I will begrudgingly admit that the Carlson's have an amazing property.)

Mom