Friday, August 19, 2011

San Diego: Day One and Morning Two!

When Maren told me she was going down to San Diego to visit our cousins Kara and Doug, I just knew I had to come along. Man was it a wonderful weekend. Kara had everything planned out so I just had to be ready at the right time!

The morning after I arrived in San Diego we all went on a bike ride close to the air force base. It was a nice easy bike ride. I am really glad because I am not a rider of any sort. The views were really nice but I am sorry to say I didn't get any pictures. if you check out Maren's blog here, you can see the ones that were taken.

After the bike ride we went to the beach. I can't say this enough: I was meant to be a mermaid. Not only can I pull of the whole seashell outfit (I am just guessing I can), I just adore the water in any form! The kids had a blast playing. Blake and I built a sand castle and then Braden promptly destroyed it! He was very patient while we made it though.

Doug taught me how to find sand crabs. I didn't even know that there were such a thing, but now I would say that I can actually find them all by myself, although it took the better part of the afternoon to learn. I can't wait to show Brent how to find them.

Then Doug and I went body surfing. It wasn't very warm but the water felt fine after only a few minutes. I got tossed around pretty bad, but I would rather do it every day than live as far away as I do. Kara was such an amazing planner she has nearly convinced me to pick up and move just to be closer to her and her wonderful family!

That evening Kara hired two baby sitters so all the adults could go to the temple. I have heard that the San Diego Temple is considered one of the most beautiful, and now I understand why. We accidentally went to the Spanish session, so it was a lot of fun trying to get comfortable with the headphones!

Saturday morning we went to the Marina, where the was military statues everywhere!

Brody did not really appreciate our rendition of this one! Maren and Blake did a really cute interpretation but alas it was not on my camera.



Brody was so cute playing on these statues. It looked like he was going to flip himself over but he didn't really get to that point... luckily.

Evelyn and Devin must have been here before because they walked straight up to this handrail station and slide down. Braden had to have a turn! It was really cute!

There was a ledge, over the ledge is a rocky cliff and then water. Brody really enjoyed sitting on this ledge.
He tried to make a break for the water a few times but he would always look back as if asking "so when are you going to stop me?"

Walking back to the Boat I saw that there were little black crabs walking all over the rocks! How cute are they?
Kara really does have a knack for knowing all the great places to take visitors, she stays and amazing hostess!

No comments: