Friday, August 19, 2011

San Diego Part Three: Harbor and other

San Diego was such an amazing trip. Saturday night we went into a little cove place next to Sea World and had hot dogs and s'mores! Man Brody got good at throwing things into the sand! I am always surprised at how well Evelyn and Devin (Kara's kids) are at entertaining themselves!

The Hostess and Host! I really like this picture and you can just barely see Kara's 7 month Preggers if you look really hard!

Braden had to go to the bathroom and no one wanted to take him, so Doug and Blake taught him the way of the man... Pee on a Tree!
Sunday we relaxed and BBQ'd in the park. Church was a lot of fun too. I learned an interesting fact about the Portland Oregon. Ships will travel 100 miles in land to dock in the Portland Harbor because Barnacles can not live in Fresh water and will fall off. Ships save a ton of money, time and resources by making the trip to Portland to get rid of these free loaders.

Monday, the boys went snorkeling. They went into caves. I really wanted to go but would have felt really bad since Brent had already encouraged me to quit my job to stay longer. We met them at the beach and played! Doug and I again ventured out into the waves to go Boogie Boarding. I caught a few good waves but because of an under-toe we weren't really allowed into the best waves.

Doug then took Maren and I to see some Leopard Sharks. Apparently, thousands of pregnant Leopard sharks swarm this particular beach because they enjoy the warm water. While they remain there they can reduce them gestation by almost a full month! Maren is terrified of sharks so she stood back, but directed Doug and I to where they were congregated! I saw them, but I wasn't good with the snorkel mask. Doug actually touched one!

That night Maren, Kara and I went out to dinner and a movie. We saw Stupid, Crazy Love and ADORED it! Dinner conversation was great! I love listening to two women who have such fun, loving, stable relationships and am glad that others struggle with similar things that I do!

I am so grateful to Kara for inviting and hosting us for the entire weekend! She did so much work and made it look effortless!I wish that one day I will be able to plan such amazing vacations for family and friends!

SO THANK YOU KARA AND DOUG! I AM TRULY BLESSED TO KNOW YOU!