Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Krakow: An Evening of Relaxation

After we finished up at the salt mine and made it back to the city, we had about 5 hours to kill before our train left. Normally, 5 hours is nothing, but it was FREEZING outside! So we stayed pretty close to the train station.

We did make the fifteen minute walk into the old town to go shopping for some souvenirs. I am pretty happy with what we got! Of course I managed to get a spoon as well as a pen for Blair! This pen has a cute little dragon on top!
Attached to the train station is a huge mall. This was a very nice and warm way to spend our time. We were starving so for dinner we split some KFC "Longers" (like the snack size but longer) and McDonalds French Fries. We tried to get more authentic food but we didn't have enough cash and most places didn't take a card. After dinner we found an ice cream place. The Deserts in Krakow were amazing!

After dinner we wandered, and relaxed for a few hours until I found a polish hot dog place I had to try. They cook the bun, which looks more like a sleeve, then squirt garlic and ketchup into it and then insert the dog! It was SO delicious! I really wanted another but they didn't accept a card and we were out of cash. I think it would help my weight loss if this situation would happen more often!

Finally our Train Came. Sleeper trains are an awesome way to travel. You may not have much room, but you barely notice you are sleeping. It also makes you feel as if you never really went to bed though. I enjoyed it but I think I would prefer a plane any day!

Krakow was a really fun trip! It brings my country count up to 12. I am glad we got to explore a new place and especially learn so much more about history! This may be our last trip until Geneva in December! If anyone has fun ideas of where we should take another side trip just let us know!

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

Ok, I get it, YOU or BRENT get to be first on Ticket to Ride Europe. That won't change the results though.