Wednesday, November 17, 2010

City Park and the Palace

I have been a terrible sleeper. Last Friday night I could NOT sleep. I laid in bed eyes wide open until 4:00 am, then I watched a movie until 6:00 am, and then I was finally able to fall asleep. Well the night before Cade, Kristi, Brent and I decided to explore City Park, and I was not about to be the wet blanket! So off we went to the City Park of Budapest.

This is a statue of George Washington donated from the Hungarians in America. I love that the Hungarians that are living in America... If they are living in America why would they care about a Statue in Budapest?

This is the market in city park. We expected a small little market, but this place was huge!

So at the turn of the century for the world's fair Budapest-ians built a palace out of cardboard in many different styles. Well after the fair the people enjoyed it so much they decided to build it for real!

We didn't go inside because it was an Agriculture museum... but the outside was gorgeous!

This is the statue of Anonymous... yes THE Anonymous! This is the guy who would always sign anonymous in place of the name. Notice the quill in the hand.
This pond is actually across the street from the City Park but it was a lot of fun. I am going to take bread down to it at some point! There were also 4-5 ducks sitting in a straight row, not moving. I was about to fall in on this picture so I didn't have much time to look around and see if they were fake or not!

City park was really fun! We didn't get even close to visiting it all so you bet I will be going back again! I am really enjoying my time here. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous!
The overall day was amazing! It was so nice to be out and about! You would think with only two hours sleep I would be miserable but I actually really enjoyed my day!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Mal, how to you keep yourself from buying TONS of souvenirs. I see all these cool places you go to and I just can't imagine having as much self control as you do. At least you're taking lots of pictures. You'll never want to forget all these little places you've experienced.