Friday, October 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home and Goals for Budapest

So there has been a lot of question about where we are currently residing in this funny country called Hungary (by the way, I was talking to my mom last night and she said Romania, again... I have faith she will know where I am by the end of December!). Well I thought I would finally post about our living arrangement!

First, you have to find our street: Dessewffy. We are right across from metro line 3, so it is super easy to find.


Next walk straight up the road about half a block until you get to number six. (Note: that car in the picture was a guy trying to park, It took him like 5 minutes and 3 trips out of the car to check and see how close he was. then he finally realized I was watching him, it was awkward for all.)


Next you have to enter the code to unlock the door. I won't post that because I know I have such a following in Budapest that it would risk our safety!

After entering the code, go up one flight of stairs.

Walk through the door into the courtyard. We are apartment number 2.

Then you have to unlock the top lock...

Using a different key, unlock the bottom lock (Note: you have to turn this one 3 full turns before it will actually unlock)

Then you have done it! This is our entry way, and our bathroom, which you can tell from the toilet! Are you enjoying the 70's Tile? For some reason we just can't get away from it!
Of to the left of the entry way is the kitchen. We have a microwave, fridge, sink, stove and oven... currently we have no freezer. Apparently the rental company is "working on that".


On the other side of the entry hall (to the right) is Cade and Kristi's bedroom. That is their bed, which broke after one night, so they gave us the mattress until it was fixed. I didn't go further into the room because its not my room! Easy answer right!

On the left side of the Kitchen is our bedroom. The bed got fixed so we are now borrowing an air-mattress from the Salter's who are probably some of the most amazing people ever! Our room is pretty small but it helps me keep it clean every day. The only time it is rough is when the drying rack is in there as well!

So that is where we live! Nothing fancy or exciting, but it is doing the job finely! Everything works out pretty well and it is only a tight fit when we are all trying to cook at once!

I am also taking this time to institue some new goals to make sure I don't wander around with no purpose, spending and eating whatever I want!

1.) only 2 candy bars a week: you think this would be say but then you haven't tried the Kinder Bueno. It is the most amazing thing ever!

2.) Eat out only once a week: This is pretty easy since we can go out to a nice restaurant for about $16.00 USD, but we are tempted A LOT

3.)One bakery dessert a week: In the states cakes and things are expensive, but when you can get the for less than $.70 USD how do you not east a million all the time

4.) No sugar on my cereal: Corn Flake just got A LOT less tasty

5.) Only $60.00 USD a week to spend on eating out, fun, and groceries: I know this sounds like a tight budget but you have no idea how doable it is. This will help me say no to treats and start to make decisions on what I value overall instead of in the moment!
This excludes the following:1 winter coat for me and 1 winter coat for Brent, everything else is included!

6.) Hit the Gym at least 4 times a week: So far I have been rocking this goal! I just need to keep it up!

There are my goals. They probably seem silly but it has been so easy to overlook how much we are spending, and all the bad things I am eating! Wish me luck in accomplishing them!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love it

Maren and Blake said...

They all involve food. Where is the goal like, grow closer to God, develop stronger relationships with my family, make a baby, etc?

Brent and Mallory said...

make a baby?!?! hahahaha! The list was only to help with things I felt like were getting out of control, which were all in the food area, the other list is in my head and involves things like find my purpose, decide on a career, make a baby ect! Love it!

Victoria Elder said...

wow seriously how cool is that you are living so far away! love all the pics!