Monday, October 11, 2010

Friday night Adventure: Futball Fail and Hero's Square

On Friday night Kristi, Cade, Brent and I decided to attempt to go to the last Hungarian National Futball game. We got there and although I am not a huge soccer fan I was getting pretty excited for the game! As we arrived at the gate a police officer informed us that they stopped selling tickets at 5:00 pm (it was 6:30 when we arrived!) This made no sense to our puny American minds because we think you would want to sell as many tickets as possible, including at the gate.
Here was the crowd filing into the stadium!
Instead of going to the game we decided to walk to Hero's Square, and cross one of the places off our list. On our way we took a look at this Palace. No one lives there. Brent said it was built in 1890 to make people happy, and it did such a good job they made it permanent... I may be simplifying the story but that was the basis of it!


Brent and I in front of the Castle!

I think this picture is very sweet, you are allowed to be grossed out and disagree!

The two couples. Kristi and Cade are always so much fun to hang around with! We have almost been roommates for 1 month. For our anniversary we are going to Transylvania together!

There was a huge tree and I just love climbing in them, so we did! I love that Brent is my official boost giver and then has to find his own way up!

Finally we made it to Hero's Square. This is a monument of the 7 tribes which settled Hungary.

It was built in 1896 but finished in 1900 and of course, like everything else in Hungary, Damaged in WWII.
I absolutley love how this city lights up at night. There is nothing more refreshing than walking around and seeing these gorgeous monuments that are gorgeous lining the streets! After we finished our walk we all went home and played Skip-bo!

2 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

You look like you are having so much fun! I don't comment on every post but I read every single one. ps, I am totally working on getting over there. If I don't go now when am I ever going to go? Maybe the end of November?

Brent and Mallory said...

I will be here! so plan it!