Friday, October 8, 2010

Dining Out!

So on Tuesday our Branch President, Brandon, wrote Brent an e-mail (I am assuming because we do not have phones!) and asked is we and the Bucks wanted to go out to dinner and an amazing Italian place! His Wife just had a baby and since he works for the embassy she is stuck in the States until the newest one can get a passport! I know that Brent HATES ;) eating out but I convinced him that it would be a good idea to expand out horizons. Luckily, Kristi did the same the with Cade and so on Wednesday we headed out for Vapiano's!

On our way we got to see some unique creations!

This is Brent's favorite street, but we haven't walked down it yet... One day I think we will!
When you walk into Vapiano's they give you a card, and then you go up to the line you want (salad, pasta, or pizza) order your food and then they scan your card. At the end of the meal you give the cards to the cashier and pay! I love the concept. I decided on the BBQ Chicken Pizza, and like an idiot talked slow so hopefully the person understood my English, in which he responded in his Australian accent that "Of course you can have that darling'!"

We were planning on sharing but when I got my pizza I knew I could only spare one piece it looked so good. Brent's Carbonara pasta was really good as well. This is somewhere we would go back again for sure!

Quick question: you know how you have to confirm the amount on the touch pad when you buy something with a credit card. Well Budapest is no different, except this is what it says:
Every time I see it asking "helyes" (like hell yes) I start laughing. It actually mean "Correct" but I can't help but think that this is just a very enthusiastic touch pad! I love it! bu the way the total it is showing you is 3,200 forients (about $16.00 USD)

After that Brandon took us out for this amazing spiral bread. Ours came right out of the oven and was covered in chocolate. Messing and amazing all in one! Brandon also showed us where the Christmas market is held and told us that this bread can be purchased there but is better because it is cooked over coals and is all warm and gooey when it is served! We can't wait!

We love eating out and Brandon and the Bucks made it even better! Getting to know a new city is always hard but with great friends around it gets easier and easier everyday!
Note: I know that these were only pictures of us but I was scared to take pictures of anyone else because it felt mildly stalkerish... Any advice when you reach the point of friendship that you are allowed to take pictures of people without asking them EVERY-TIME? I could use the insight!

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

I am going to start thinking our readouts say "Hell yes" too. I like that thought.