Saturday, August 21, 2010

Canada days 6,7 (Lentil Festival) and 8

The last few days of Canada were a huge whirlwind. I am not sure that we did to much, but it sure did go quick. Thursday was our last full day in Calgary. Brent's dad was pretty excited to go to Boston Pizza all week, so we finally went!

Brent doesn't handle vacations to well... by the end he was eating EVERYTHING!
The vast majority of the day was spent playing cards and hanging out! This is Julie and Nikimo. They have four dogs, and Nikimo is my favorite because she looks like a little fox! I love her! Julie and I both got left out of the Rook fun so we had a good day just relaxing and napping! That night we played Scene it on the Wii.. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! Brent and I really want to buy that game. The regular version is pretty hard, but the Wii version is perfect!

On Friday we headed to our half way point (Pullman). This is a picture of a huge rock slide that we saw on our way out.
I am not going to lie, 8 hours is a LONG TIME to be in a car! Once we got in Pullman we were swept away to the Pullman Lentil festival!

Everyone at the festival gets free chili! It was to spicy for me but apparently not for Brody!

Maren taught us the trick was to go to all the church booths because they give out free stuff like this cotton candy!
So I gave Brody his first little taste of Cotton Candy.. Man that boy loved it. I was quickly scolded because a tiny little thing (his stomach doesn't process sugar yet)... seriously it is totally not a big deal! And look at that face he loved it!

Braden wanted to walk on this bridge really bad, so I took him but there are holes on the pathway! Maren took a walkway picture of us! Thanks Maren!

Braden wanted to drive the ambulance, but he wanted me to come with him! This is huge news because he usually hates me! This week he was all about having me around! It was AWESOME! I spent the majority of the festival playing with Braden, and Brent was so tired from the drive he kinda didn't care!

This is what the festival is all about! The world's largest pot of Chili! Maren said it is always full to the top too! it is huge!

Braden was pretty tired by the time we were leaving Braden became captivated by this golfing game... This nice little boy let us cut so Braden could try! He was pretty good, he either hit is hard or barely tapped it! I love this little boy!
That night we played Bonanza with Maren and Blake! They are really fun to play games with and Maren is a total tiger! Braden knew we were having fun so although he was put to bed at 8 he was back downstairs running around and begging for candy! He understood we were playing and he wanted to be apart of it!

Today we drove home, I watched movies while Brent drove! That boy is amazing! I love him so much!

these are the main people I want to say thank you to! Ryan and Julie for inviting us to come up and visit, and Brent's parents for being willing to let us carpool! Thank you so much we love you all!


3 comments:

Brent and Mallory said...

Sure is nice to be done driving

Maren and Blake said...

I am glad you got to come. You missed the parade, maybe next year.

Audrey said...

I'm jealous of the lentil festival. We should have had you bring home some chili...and braden and brody.