Thursday, August 19, 2010

Canada Day 5: Take 2!

On Wednesday, Brent and I both woke up early and went for jogs/hike. You think we would have gone together but we missed each other by about three minutes. Brent took the camera and found some wonderful shots.

Can you believe these views that we get to see just walking around?
After we finished our jog/hike, we picked up Brent's parents and went out for some yummy breakfast. I tried to eat light but that word just doesn't exist in this town! After Breakfast, we piled in the car, Zach had to sit in the very back with all the luggage because the trail blazer just doesn't have six seats, and headed back up to the city of Banff. Although the scenery was really beautiful, waterfalls were pretty scarce. This one looked puny but it was the only true waterfall I saw while I was there.
Brent is HUGE into taking pictures of churches, so this small town church in Banff was right up his alley.
One of my favorite thing to do in a tourist town is hit up all the little shops! There were some pretty adorable items, like this mitten hat!
This bear had a sign that said "Take a picture with me" and so I listened. The camera was being odd and would flash and then wait 2 seconds to take the picture... this is the result, I actually liked the way it turned out!
This is Nick (in the back) and Zach (in the mask). Zach scared me the first time I turned around and saw a monkey face! I think he figured out how the hats are suppose to be worn.
Okay so while we were walking around the stores, I fell in love with two things. This nail polish that changes colors in the sunlight, and an amazing ruffle scarf. Well I really really like the nail polish but I knew it was to much... The scarf was so whimsical and gorgeous. I showed everyone. It was $15.00 and I wanted Brent to offer to buy it for me, but he didn't.

Luckily, his mom is pretty sneaky, and I saw her coming out of the store. Well I was really surprised, because I wanted Brent to buy it for me not his mom! Well I went and got our wallet and took out the money and paid her for it. She said it was for Christmas but I bet she would have given it to me in the car. So I got my scarf, AND THEN she pulls out the nail polish too! I couldn't believe it! I am so grateful for such an amazing Mother-in-law. She is so thoughtful. I always forget I can't say I like something to much because she doesn't hesitate to go buy it for me! She is way way to generous!
Thank you to Brent the Model!
After we got done shopping we headed back up to Lake Louise (another hour in the car) to go on the famous Gondola's. This is Castle Rock, which is on the drive up. This picture was taken from the car!
Sean and Melanie have been overly generous this vacation, and paid for our costly ride up to the top. We didn't need them to but Sean assures us that we will have plenty of time to pay him back! We are so grateful that our whole family helps to give us wonderful opportunities while we are finishing school.

This is us with Nick and Zach on the way up!
Brent was not co operating.
This is the view from the top. That off in the distance is Lake Louise. This could probably be a postcard, if we wanted it to be. One a clear day you can get a really clear shot but with all the fires, I was happy with this.
I love this picture because it screams
"Where ever there is a big rock, I WILL CLIMB IT!"
Brent is such a manly man!
This well was at the top of the look out, but the bottom of the wood is also the bottom of the well... and it is filled with gravel. I am not really sure why it is here!
On the drive home we saw some pretty incredible sites. This Helicopter flying with a water bucket hanging from the bottom.
On the way home we took a wrong turn and ended up on a smaller highway instead of the freeway. This was a lucky move because we saw a whole herd of Long Horned Sheep. We almost missed them but Nick made sure we knew, so we flipped around and went back... This is the money shot!

When we finally got home, Ryan and Julie made Spaghetti and Cheesecake. I spent the night blogging while Brent and Ryan played Rook with the parents. I am glad Ryan decided he likes Rook because I am not good at all, so they have been having fun all night! It was a great day. There were a lot of things that we weren't able to do in Banff, which is just a great reason to come back again!

1 comment:

Brent and Mallory said...

hmmm... maybe I will have to borrow that scarf sometime