Thursday, May 31, 2012

Washington DC : Day Two- White House

Although we were still on Pacific Time, we woke up at 7:00 am (4:00 am Pacific Time), to get out the door and really see DC!

Random Statue!
 We saw squirrels EVERYWHERE!!!  It reminded me of my day camp kids who would freak out every time they saw a squirrel.  I got so excited. This one even let me pet it!  I was able to brush the tail twice before he let me know I was done.
 We also saw BLACK squirrels! This picture doesn't do it justice!
 The only reason we got to see such beautiful little animals, was because we were walking here...
 Brent said that seeing the White House was his favorite part of DC.  I really enjoyed it but it does look exactly like it does in the pictures and movies!
 This bank is directly across the street from the White House.  If you notice it says Bank of America, so Brent thought it was some National Bank... in reality it is just a part of the Bank of America chain!  I thought it was so funny.
 A gorgeous building. 
 This is the other side of the White House.  They look really similar.  I like this side better.  I also noticed a Beehive.
 In front of the White House
The White House was really gorgeous. We decided not to take a tour... apparently it take months in advance to get that set up.  I guess I will just have to see the inside when Brent become President! 

2 comments:

Erica and Spencer said...

You would have LOVED the view of the White House from the party we went to on Tuesday. It was on the top floor of a hotel right down the street and you could see the White House, the Washington Monument, and the Jefferson Memorial all in a row. The best part? It was all from an air conditioned room haha

Unknown said...

Promise me I can fly on Air force One when he becomes president. promise me!!