Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Washington DC: Day One- Masonic Temple

After we finished at the Cathedral we made a pit stop at the Masonic Temple.  Brent had just finished reading The Lost Symbol (by Dan Brown) which references the temple. 
 Being the tour guide he is, Brent informed me that the bottom was patterned after the Parthenon (Greece), the middle after the Pyramids (Egypt) and the top after the Pantheon (Rome).  It was fun that we had seen two of the three major structures! 
 Just so you have and idea for how big this structure was!  Plus I can never say no to sitting next to have lion half lady!
 Gorgeous Side View!  I really love that Brent has this amazing talent!
 Row houses were all over the place.  Brent was in love with them.  They reminded me a lot of Copenhagen.  These were really colorful!
 We also drove past Embassy Row.  This is the Congo Embassy!  now I can say I have been there as well.  I won't count it but I could!
 We finished up with day one touring and then hit up dinner with Spencer, Erica and Landon.  Surprisingly, Spencer made this face the entire weekend!
It was a great first day!  The East Coast was beautiful and just as hot and humid as Erica said.  

1 comment:

Erica and Spencer said...

haha that is a great picture of Spencer and Brent :)