Monday, October 24, 2011

Swearing in

While I was away in Portland, Brent received the results that he passed the bar and was officially sworn in as a lawyer. Well I wasn't there for that so when the chance to go to his actual swearing in ceremony you bet we were there!

Brent at the venue, the lighting is weird because of the cool chandeliers!!! Of course, we didn't get a picture of them.
Did you knwo that a swearing in is considered a Special Session of the Nevada Supreme Court?  I didn't know that but all of the State justices were there!  It was kinda fun to watch the Chief Justice take control of everything.  Most of the speakers kept it short and sweet!  I am grateful for that!

After the speakers the roll call happened!  Brent standing as his name was read.
Applauding everyone who helped the new attorneys get to where they are now.  I always appreciate this, because Brent did all the work but I feel just as much closure in this ceremony as Brent did!
The actual swearing in!  Short and Sweet!  I wish I were there for Brent's real one, it was so much more personal.
A welcome to the bar.  Each speaker stressed service, and I couldn't agree more!
The reception was just refreshments. We went to Buca Di Beppo's for dinner. It was so amazing and just what we wanted to celebrate this final step! 
 

Can you believe law school is finally behind us?! Neither can I! I feel so blessed at all Brent and I have received during this process. We for sure did not get here alone, and are grateful for every single person who contributed to our physical and especially mental well-being during this time! Our goal now is to start giving back what we were given!

2 comments:

Cool Waters said...

Yay Brent! Congrats.

Maren said...

You look smoking hot in the last picture. brent's one lucky lawyer.