Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pike Market and the Gum Wall

Finally, we worked our rainy way down to Pike's Place. It is a huge market place that is famous for fish throwing. This is just one little chunk of it.  It is actually a few stories high and has a couple different turns!
There were fun things to look at where ever we went but we were never tempted... mainly because we didn't have any room in our suitcases.  Brent told me that he really likes my hair in this picture, I guess fizzy is really a great look for me!
This is the shop that is famous for throwing fish.  I caught them throwing some but Brent was distracted and missed it.  Since it was past mid day we were really hungry.  Instead of having a meal we actually got little items from vendors and shared.   I love eating like that.  We probably spent about the same, but we got to try a lot more fun stuff!, like a chocolate hazelnut pastry and a delicious meat filled pastry with amazing mint sauce.  
We did have to walk back to the car because we forgot our pack of gum, and found this little statue.  The arm is mechanical and hammers up and down all day. 
 From there we went down to the harbor but there wasn't much to see but a few little things that were worth it!
After the harbor I called Audrey because Brent really wanted to visit the Gum wall.  Turned out it was back at Pikes Place Market. Look at this wall!  
Of course we contributed!  Brent said it started at a protest for waiting a long time for the theater.  
I guess a lot of people don't like to wait.
After we finished up we drove down to Auburn to visit with Toren and Audrey for an hour. It was really fun to be out of the rain and just catching up with the family.  I seriously want to live close to Audrey because she so so amazing!  I am pretty sure we could have a lot of fun together. Little Austin was asleep but woke up just as we were leaving.  He was super bashful when he came down but that little boy as to be one of the cutest three on the planet!  I could have stayed for a few more hours but it turns out Brent was pretty excited for the Mariners game, so we reluctantly left. 

1 comment:

Maren said...

Wait, this is the post I have been waiting for and there are NO pictures of Austin. WHO ARE YOU???