Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Concert in the Park

Ten days in Portland was kinda rough.  The first week was a little boring but the second week made up for it!  One of the teachers needed to fly home for the week so I got to teach that entire week!  Teaching is always stressful and fun!

   I arrived in Vegas Friday night, and Brent already had plans for Saturday!  Turns out that a local radio station hosted a concert!  The first band was 100 Monkeys a local Vegas band.  They were pretty fun to listen to, and I even considered buying their C.D. Except I didn't know where to get it at!
Despite it Being mid-October it is still in the high 70's, so they only way I was going to enjoy myself was by staying the shade.  We went with our friends Erin and James (with daughter Jadie), who agreed that shade was the only way to go!
Erin, James, and Jadie!  Jadie is so adorable!
James bought a watermelon and lime lemonade and Jadie had to have some.  She ended up dumping the ice all over herself.  I think she was just trying to keep cool!
The main act that we went for was Colbie Ciallat.  I have her album and really enjoy the mellow sound.  She was pretty good but she wasn't much of a performer. We thought she would play her guitar the entire time but she only played it for the first song.
Justin Young, the guy playing with her, was super impressive.  He played the entire time as well as did harmony with her.  He can sing surprisingly high.  I would really like to hear more from him!
Brent enjoying the show!
Enjoying the show!
We tried to get a picture of us with Colbie and Justin in the background but there was a girl behind us who recorded her ENTIRE performance, so we didn't really get the a good angle.  I was impressed with the arm muscles on that girl, to hold her I-Phone the entire half hour!
It was amazing to get out for a couple hours on Saturday!  I am determined to find fun things to do every weekend.  Erin and James are great examples, they are so active and I am going to be as well!

No comments: