Friday, November 4, 2016

Weekend at the Ranch

The McKee ranch is a staple in Las Vegas, but it really isn't my favorite place. One weekend they were hosting and antique yard sale and we decided to stop by.  Brent and I had a lot of fun checking out all the wares and there was still a good amount of things to keep the girls interested.

This swing is tied to a tree branch, so it swings a lot higher and at many more angles than a typical swing.  Harper could have spent hours on it.
London was a little jealous but there were plenty of large logs lying around for her to explore.
Look at this face!
Another fun part of the ranch is the actual animals roaming around.
I thought London would be more tentative around the larger animals but she is one brave girl.  It didn't work out as well with this horse because he was a grumpy guy and snapped at her a couple times.
This is a chicken coop... there are no chickens in it... I didn't know why they were both so interested in it then and I still don't know now.
My mom pointed out that London is has a very solemn expression, which I've never noticed since she is so animated in front of me, but in pictures I realized that she does have a very stoic resting face.  Unfortunately, I think she inherited this from me since I have been told I look very intimidating if I am not being thoughtful about my expression.
Harper goes back and forth between loving animals and fearing them. On this day she is pretty excited to feed the horses, which is why she did it on her own.
This was one of the most fun trips to the McKee ranch we've had.  Having the yard sale gave Brent and I something to look at between kid approved activities.  I hope they do it again this spring because I would totally go back with the intention to buy!

No comments: