Wednesday, November 2, 2016

London's Birthday Bash!

I failed. When Harper turned two I did nothing besides getting her a present.  I was tired from having a newborn and still recovering from London's birth.  This made me feel TERRIBLE, good thing she won't remember... until she reads this blog... 

Anyway, I vowed to never do that again and throw London a pretty good bash!  Our good friends daughter, Layla, was turning 5 so we decided to join up and save some cash!
Even though I would have spent a fortune to celebrate this girl.
At our Relief Society Christmas party, I won a fancy birthday cake... And man I got a fancy birthday cake!  How cool is this?!
Huntley had just arrived to stay with us, and I put her to work.  She spent two hours face, arm, stomach, hand, tummy, leg and foot painting all the neighborhood kids! 
The Smiths are amazing and OWN two Bounce Houses.  The kids spent most the time outside having a blast.
London, on the other hand, was more than thrilled to take up residence in the little car and people watch.
Mom and the Birthday girl.
While all the kids were running wild, parents were able to relax and chat.  We have some pretty amazing friends in Las Vegas and are super grateful for all their love and support here!
Half of the fun for Brent is taking pictures and playing with his camera.  I usually love it as well, but when the camera gets more attention then the family I start to have concerns...
An hour later and she is still happy in her little car.
Bounce house and a trampoline.  The Smiths know whats up!
A princess party needs beautiful decorations. Kandace was in charge of decorations, I handles activities and we split up the food assignments.  Planning parties with Kandace is awesome.  She is so on top of it and creative that it really compensates for my lack of.
Not that London would notice if the decorations were several cardboard boxes.  As long as there was a little car for her to play in!
Every princess needs to find her prince so we played Kiss the Frog.
Each child could either use a paper pair of lips or put lipstick on and try to kiss the frog on the lips.
Harper actually did REALLY REALLY well.
The game was so much fun that Kandace had to give it a try!
She was not a successful.  It is probably because the poster was hung a little low!
I really wanted to do a pinata, but the idea of giving little kids a stick and permission to swing it around seemed dangerous.  Instead I made a "pull" pinata.  I made he pinata out of a box and from the bottom were a bunch of streamers.
All of the streamers would easily come out if you pulled but one was knotted so it wold pull the pinata open spilling the candy everywhere.
I was worried that the kids would think it was lame, but they really enjoyed it.  I think they liked it because each child got multiple turns, it was a surprise, and it didn't require strength.  
It was working out PERFECTLY except the string that was suppose to pull it open didn't pull it open.  Next time I will attach something to that string so that it can't just pull through.  
The kids quickly forgot after I opened the pinata and the candy spilled out. I was only slightly embarrassed.
After candy comes cake.  Layla loved the cake.
Lodnon did not feel the same.  She was suspicious when I set it down.
With encouragement from Layla she gave it a touch.
She gave it a little taste...
and then she decided she HATED it
A lot...
More than  I've ever seen anyone hate cake ever before.
Being near the cake was offensive.
Really really offensive
Everyone else did not feel similarly.  The cake was delicious.
Present time was fun.  The invitation said that London did not need a present but that did not stop anyone from bring some.  
She was in heaven and the older kids loved to help her open them.
Baby neck pillow?  How adorable is that!

Not every birthday will be this big of a deal but I am really glad that London was celebrated with family and friends!  Happy First Birthday London!  We sure think you're wonderful!

No comments: