Saturday, May 23, 2015

Londons First Days Home

After a stay in the hospital we were finally released with really strict instructions.  I was to lift no more than 5 lbs and every three weeks I could lift 5 additional pounds.  Yes, that means I was not even suppose to lift London unless I was sitting.  I was not to work out, in any form.  I was to wear an ab support for the next 9 months and I had bathing and hygiene restrictions as well.  I would love to say I have been really good but with two kids lifting is a necessity, so I just limited myself as much as possible and took chastisement from everyone around me. 

London was also given instructions: Stay cute, be cute, cuddle lots, and sleep well.  She has kept all of hers dutifully. 
Luckily, my mom was in town and she was amazing at keeping Harper busy so I could cuddle this little girl.
Harper couldn't stay away forever though.  She LOVES her little sister.  London is literally her favorite toy.
We were so bad getting pictures of Grandma with London, mainly because Harper was always around.
It wasn't long before Harper convinced us to let her hold London.  She has wanted to basically every day since.
London also received her first piece of mail.  Her social security card.  I am amazed that only 6 weeks later and London already looks so much more grown up to me.  This all happens too quick!
If you are thinking about having kids 18 months apart, look at this picture.  This is how my life is.  Harper just loves London and has NO IDEA how to control it. It is adorable and frustrating all in one.

We failed to get some good grandma pictures, but I do want to say my mom was a HUGE HUGE help.  She took Harper out to explore and play so I could stay home and rest. I know I tried to help but I was pretty worthless that first week.  My mom was totally understanding and awesome.  I am so lucky to have a great mom and hopefully some of her example has rubbed off on me!

No comments: