Friday, May 22, 2015

Londons Birth Day!

PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE PICTURES OF A C-SECTION.
I know I already blogged this but for the sake of keeping everything orderly I'll give a more broad account.  Less about the complications and more about the results!

The day came and we were as ready as we could be.  Brent and I were are so lucky to have Toren and Audrey in town to take care of Harper.  Having such wonderful people take Harper meant that we could focus all our attention on the new addition. When I arrived at the hospital, I was hooked up to monitors and IV's.  The nurse told me to lie back so they could monitor Londons heartbeat. The only problem was laying back make me sick, so I sat up until the machine beeped and I got yelled at...

This is me getting away with some, although I think I look pretty dopey.
Being hooked up into the iv is bad but when I was given the spinal tap I started throwing up.  This is totally normal but still pretty uncomfortable.  The nurses were really nice but it was still miserable laying flat on your back, paralyze from the neck down and throwing up.  It was totally worth it though.  At 1:35 PM Doctor Charles Fliescher delivered London Blair. If you can't tell she is halfway in and halfway out of my body.
The doctor was sucking out all the juices from her nose.  With Harper, the process from first cut to first cry was about 5 minutes.  With London the process was about 45 minutes.
Brent later told me that he was really struggling because he didn't know where to focus.  He wanted to look at London but I was looking so terrible he was really concerned about me as well.  Luckily, we were both okay.
The nurse cleaned her up a little and brought her over.  I would love to say I was all about my new little baby but I was so miserable.  I really wanted to cuddle her but since I am strapped down and barely coherent it didn't happen.
The nurse took a picture for us. This is as close as I could get myself to a smile.  This picture really embodies how I feel.  Brent could totally pull off being a doctor.
Brent and London then took off on their first Daddy- Daughter Date!
This is the part of London's first day that I miss.  While I was still getting worked on, she was getting measured and cleaned up.  Brent made sure she stayed safe.
But not always happy.
I love her little tounge.  It is so out of control!
Sucking on Dads finger.
Looking at these pictures makes me so sad that I missed those first few moments.  It kills me, even now!
The little hat with the bow is my favorite things but it really only works at the hospital.  I tried putting the little hat on at home and it just felt weird.
Once I was finally out of surgery, I still couldn't manage to hold London.  Brent was trying to help me hold her until I finally gave up and said it would have to wait.  I have never in my life experienced this type of exhaustion. It is still really confusing because I didn't do anything physical but keeping myself focused, awake and calm for the entire process which was incomprehensibly difficult. I felt like I would NEVER do this again if it was anything like what I just went through, which feelings have subsided.
It was totally worth it.  She is perfect.  It took me nearly 8 hours until I felt like I could hold her and not drop her.  Brent was so wonderful.  He supported me and cuddled her.  I am so grateful that I have a husband who loves being a dad so much.
The process was not fun but more than totally worth it. I think London was just getting the difficult parenting out of the way. After that, being this girls mom should be the easiest thing in the world!

No comments: