Monday, March 7, 2011

Distractions:Racquet and Foosball

Brent has been busy! He took the MPRE (ethics portion of the bar exam), applying for jobs, and trying to keep on top of school. He is being such a champ. It is hard for me to watch because there isn't any really way I can help besides being supportive AND providing many fun distractions.

One distraction is Racquetball! The Orem Recreation Center. Brent and I have always talked about playing so for his Birthday I gave him a date of competition!

Brent always talks about how his old girlfriend was terrible at Racquetball, so I had to step it up and prove I am way better than her in EVERY WAY!

Although I have only played once before in my life, I was pretty decent. I won the first round, Brent won the second round. Then we just messed around for a while!

It really got my heart rate going, and the next day EVERYTHING was sore. I couldn't move my eyeballs with out them hurting! I am pretty sure this is because trying to keep track of that little blue ball is pretty impossible!

The second fun past time I have taken and interest in is: foosball. It is huge at work. Blake (my brother in law) is amazing at ping pong because his work had a table and everyone played. My work is similar except with foosball. It is intense, and I am absolutely the worst person in the office.

Here are the rules:
Two teams of 2 people.
One 14 minute round
Two balls are inserted at once
Score both balls=1 point
Each team scores 1 ball=No points
At the end of the game you put 5 balls onto the table (ALL BALL). If you are down by one and score all 5 balls in ALL BALL you win!

I have been smitten with this game ever since I started being terrible, but I convinced Erica, Spencer and Brent to play with me at the Law School Foos Table! The actual table was pretty ghetto and could have used some love but everyone enjoyed it! Especially Spencer!

Brent has been working really hard, and I have been working so it is really nice to have some different fun activities to distract us from the stresses of life!

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY GOOD DISTRACTIONS WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?

3 comments:

Cool Waters said...

Us! We're good distractions :) We found out there's a pool here in Lehi where adults are $5 and kids are free! We should go swimming!

Brent said...

We have a pool here where we get in free, and guests are only $4, so you should come swimming...unless your pool is really cool, and spiderman lives there

Anonymous said...

What about ping pong? Someone has to prepare to take out Blake. (Don't tell Maren or Blake I wrote this!)

Mom