Monday, March 28, 2011

Festival of Colors Take Two

With Brent's graduation coming quickly, I began to realize this life we are currently living is coming to an end. To commemorate that I "dragged" Brent to the Krishna Holi Festival Colors!

This is about 2 minutes after arriving. Last time I went with Jenny no one had their colors out until the throwing ceremony, but this time was different! Everyone had their colors out and we were hit before we knew it!


Along with Brent Jenny and Kathrine came too!

Before we jumped into the festivities we had to check out the animals. I had never seen a peacock with its feather extended, it was really amazing.

This is still before the throwing, but you can tell we are in the action now! It felt like Woodstock mixed with a rave

Brent, not shy about showing his true colors.

Here is what the chaos looked like.

Afterward. Jenny got this picture before I was fully smiling! At least my teeth aren't purple!

Katherine is COVERED!

This is what the temple looks like. I have been lucky enough to be there a few times, and usually it is a very serene place. Not today!

As we were walking to the car. They had throwings every two hours so we were able to leave after the second one and not fight traffic all the way home!
This is one of the festivals that I will really miss and have loved being apart of! I can not believe how lucky I am to live in a place that has something like this is so close. What a great way to do something different, inexpensive, and exotic!

2 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

It looks so fun. Wish I could go sometime. Does the color wash out easily?

Dana and ohana said...

this looks sooo freakin fun. Maybe we should start one in Portland!