Monday, March 28, 2011

5 K and Day Date

A few weeks ago I did something I never thought I would do... I ran/walked a 5 k. now this may not be to surprising, I mean 5 k isn't that far but I really hate running probably more than anything. So why would I run a 5 k? Well at work they are having a "fitness Olympics". For every day you work out for 30 minutes you get 1 point and the "Olympics" ended with a 5 k which counted as 28 points. Well I am not one to throw away easy points so I participated.

It was really fun, my friend Mike and I set a good mixture of walking and running. I let Mike decide when we were running and walking. I hate running so when Mike would go I would be begging him to stop in my head!
After my 5 K and hanging out with work for a while it was time for day date! He packed an amazing lunch of my favorite foods! Salad, chicken salad with fresh bread, potato salad, and chocolate cake?! This man is AMAZING!

After so yummy lunch we felt spring in the air and brought out the bocci balls!

Rules of the Game: Throw a little white ball, then each player takes turns trying too get their larger colored balls closest to the little white one. The ball closest to the little white one win the person 1 point. If the second closest ball is belongs to the same person then they get 2 points!

Brent absolutely killed me. When it was my turn I was either an Olympian of unbelievable portions or the weakest person to ever grace the planet. It was embarrassing!
Overall it was a great Saturday. I got to feel good about accomplishing something new and then have some great time with my favorite person in the entire world!

2 comments:

Cool Waters said...

Bocci Ball! We'll have to play in Vegas! Which by the way - Sam told Brent this but who knows if we can trust the boys to get the news across...we want to come to Vegas June 15-19th. That can change but we thought we better through out some dates before anyone else does!

Maren and Blake said...

What a fun day! I can't wait until you join me for a half marathon.