Monday, February 21, 2011

Over Eating?

I have a new job, and exactly a week after starting I was convinced by Lianne (as well as Derek, Kurt and Mike) to attempt the 24 inch challenge! This consists of eating a 24 inch sub sandwich in under 30 minutes! To the victor went a T-shirt, picture on the wall, as well as free drinks for life!

It started out pretty good. I would say I even enjoyed the first 6 inches!

Joining Lianne and Myself was Trevor and Mike. Mike finished his in 7 minutes flat! It was amazing! I bet he could have done it again to! Trevor finished in 26 minutes.

I was feeling really good up until the halfway point and then the saltiness of the turkey hit me. Every bite I took I almost threw up, I was worrying everyone! Do you see that trash can behind me? I took the last few bites standing over it up in case.

Lianne did great. It took her about 28 minutes to finish. She also had turkey and said it tasted terrible as well!
I finally took off the remaining turkey and just swallowed it like a pill. Sometimes that is the only way to get it down!

There were no good pictures of me, but Kurt did get a nice long interview of me as the whole process went down!
In the end I finished 2nd, with 21 minutes 30 seconds! I got the T-Shirt and the picture, although I am not sure I will ever be returning to claim any free drinks! I didn't get a chance to tell Brent all about it before hand, so after he just said "Okay, so now we have to go back so I can do it too!" Funny thing is, my mom totally predicted that reaction!!!

Needless to say, I have been a little careless in my eating lately! The diet started yesterday and I want 5 pounds gone by April 1st!

3 comments:

erin said...

how are you losing the 5lbs? i want to too!!!

Maren and Blake said...

You know that you will never be getting turkey again. I have never been so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Is this where I say I am proud of you for eating? Seems like I have a bunch of other stuff to be more proud of.

Mom