Saturday, November 5, 2016

Girlie Time!

Harper is becoming such a girlie girl.  For the most part it is really fun. One day she came into the bathroom and told me she wants holes in her ears.  It took me a good five minutes to figure out that she meant she wanted her ears pierced (which I decided to wait on).  One fun thing that we get to do is painting our toe nails.
She sat perfectly still the whole time!

I might have tickled her a few times just to keep it fun!
London was puttering around the bathroom the whole time and as soon as Harper finished she plopped down in front of me and was ready for her turn. 
She is truly a mini-me.  London is determined to do EVERYTHING Harper does.  She seems to be growing up so much faster than Harper did.
All toe shot!  Please note that my nails were professionally done.
This all started because I took a break from being a mommy and got a pedicure.  Upon returning, Harper insisted that she need painted nails as well.  I am so glad we got pictures of this because I feel like these are the little things you look forward to when you have girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and adventures of your family. Read about your oldest, Harper, wanting her ears pierced. When I read it, it reminded me of a situation with both our girls, Sandi, aged 3.5 and her younger sister, Missy, aged 14 mos. Like you, I told Sandi she was too young to have pierced ear, but she insisted she wanted "earwigs" like mommy! Guess flattery is highest compiment of all, but I put her off by painting her nails to look girlie-girl.

Well, one day I got a call from Rick in the Family room. Apparently, Sandi broke into my jewelry box was trying to put one of my pearl stud earrings in her ear and the other earring into Allison, her baby sister. Rick insisted I take BOTH girls to have their ears pierced to prevent an emergency room visit. I resisted and wanted to wait till Sandi was older.

That evening, I asked me if he R-E-A-L-L-Y wanted our girls to get their ears pierced. Without hesitation, he said a resounding "YES!" I said, okay, but wanted to check with our pediatrician.

To my surpise, she told me it was fine to pierce both girls ears if I was ready to care for them and said it was actually better doing the baby and toddler since I would remember better caring for them and they would heal great! She gave me some tips for moms having their daughter's ears pierced.

Since it was Rick's idea, I made him come with me and I took Allison out of Piercing Pagoda while he had Sandi's ears pierced who was very excited to have them done. When I returned with Allison, our toddler, she was smiling, pointing to her ears saying "preety ears." Well I guess Rick as right so he held Allison, and the nice lady pierced her ears with her barely shedding a tear! Both girls looked adorable and I had to admit Rick was right...

This Easter, I put pearls in my girls and wore the ones Sandi "borrowed" from me which started the ball rolling to convince Rick.The girls was A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E with cute little pearl studs in their ears.

Mallory, had to laugh when I read your story about painting Harper's nails. This is going to be deja vu for you when Harper wants "holes in her ears" again! When you said, "...London was puttering around the bathroom the whole time and as soon as Harper finished she plopped down in front of me and was ready for her turn.She is truly a mini-me. London is determined to do EVERYTHING Harper does." Mommy, hide your earrings or be prepared to take BOTH girls and just follow your instincts and mommy intuition since girls want to be girls, little divas, and fashionistas too!

I'd recommend going ahead and getting the girls ears pierced for their upcoming holiday pictures and promise it's okay if they want to look like mommmy with cute earrings too :) Write if you'd like our ped's suggestions.


Angie
angietune@hotmail.com

November 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM