Monday, September 23, 2013

Northwest Tour: Portland

To round out our northwest tour we had to make a stop in Portland.  When Brent flew out from Spokane Maren drove the hour and a half to pick Harper and I up.  The next morning we hit the road for Portland. 

Neither of us really had much we wanted to do but I did want to check out the Saturday Market. 
 I love looking at all the different interesting items that people create.  Maren is holding a fruit bowl made out of chopsticks!
 This piano was just placed in the middle of the city for anyone to use.
 A metallic marching band also made an appearance.  That is part of the fun of the market it the most random things will just show up for you to enjoy!
 Enjoying the marching band
 Brody wasn't so sure about the picture with me but he just had to ring the bell.
 A Barnett family picture plus Grandma.  I am not really sure what this weird little iron man is but I think I would take him home!
 My Mom has these cement balls that leave tracks in sand. She wanted some more but hasn't found the maker the last few times.  it was one of the last place I looked but I found them for her!
 Grandpa is always willing to do a little Haper duty so I can browse.
 Can you believe we used to fight all the time!  Not any more, now we just like to enjoy the Portland riverside together.
 All in all it was a great trip to Saturday market, and I feel no desire to go again for at least a year.
The rest of the time in Portland was spent relaxing.  We visited the Portland Aquarium, which was small but very fun, unfortunately no pictures. The other big milestone that happened was Harper started sleeping 4-6 hours a night.  That was probably the best part of the whole trip!

No comments: