Monday, September 10, 2012

Family Reunion: Smiths Rock

After the fun times Tumalo Falls, we spent the day relaxing and playing tennis and having a great time!  The next morning we were off on another family outing!  Smiths Rock.  This one was only 30 minutes away.

It was a total desert landscape... something that Brent and I are very accustomed to.  We found all sorts of wildlife.
What a gorgeous bird! Smith Rock looks like it would be a really fun if you were a rock climber.  I am not opposed to rock climbing I have only done it a few times, so I am not sure that I would rule out the possibility of having some fun half way up the mountain!
Can you tell our family is really into pictures?  I love what Braden is doing!  What a cute little boy!
The whole gang!  I can't believe how big our family is getting!  8 kids, 4 grandsons and 2 parents!  What a great legacy we are working our way towards!
This is inside the "Rock Cave" as it was named by Braden.  The boys had a great time climbing and moving the rocks from one place to another.
Just relaxing!
Maren and I hanging out.  The boys seemed to be so upset that we could climb where they couldn't get to!
On the hike back we encountered this little muskrat.  He would go get some sticks and bring them back to his home.  I think the whole family sat there and watched the little guy (or guys) for ten minutes without complaints!
Other hikers would stop to see what all of us were looking at, everyone was happy to see what resourceful the little ones were.
Brent and I!  Man I love this boy!  He is so amazing!
This is the whole range and another shot of the whole family.  It was a pain to try and get everyone to look at the right moment (especially the little boys), I am happy to report that we did get a few good ones!
Another great morning, but this day had more fund activities to report!

1 comment:

eric and cheryl said...

You didn't mention Frisbee or Baxter. I am sure they are crushed that at the least they weren't mentioned under wildlife and at the most not mentioned under family.