Saturday, September 15, 2012

Eagle Crest: Petersen's Rock Museum

After hiking around Smith Rock, my mom had desperately wanted to go to Petersen Rock Museum. Brent and I were more than happy to tag along.  The rest of the family wanted to come but the little boys needed to go to bed, so everyone else went back to the condo.

  I am so so glad that we were able to go because the rock museum turned out to be AWESOME!

There were all of these different sculpture made out of different stones.
Apparently, the father of the current owners had a hobby of creating these awesome monuments.  What a fun hobby! 
Did you catch that there was a peacock on top of the capitol building?  I love it when peacocks are allowed to run around free.  I think it is my dream to have a place where beautiful peacocks are allowed to roam free!
Kalen enjoying being the ruler of the rock village!
There were so many cool little villages.
This is my dream!
My mom and I enjoying brunch in a rock hut!
Out in the middle of the pond was another village.
The only bad part about the rock museum was the current owners really let it run down.  It looked like it would have been AMAZING back in its hay day!  Either way it was worth the trip for sure!
I would go back anytime anyone asked me too!   I think the little boys would find this place so fun because everything was just the right size for them!  If we get to go back I will really enjoy watching them explore it everywhere!

No comments: