Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Visit from the Vice President

My job has let me do some pretty awesome things at my job. Recently, my executive director got a call from the office of the Vice President... who wanted to vist our site. That is weird, I didn't realize that it could happen with just a phone call.

It was good but it also turned my world upside down. Anything else I had going on got pushed to the back burner and was replaced with meetinsg with the secret service and compiling lists or different things, and rearranging our facility.

Luckily, the day finally came.  It was a stress-filled day but everyone was pretty excited so it went fast.  Vice President Biden and his wife entered into the dining hall and then spoke to our veterans.  

I was able to say hello to Dr. Biden, my hair was very curly in the morning... not so much by the time they arrived.
 After they finished speaking we got to take a group shot.
 Here are the three main managers at my work.  I work with these three everyday.  It is totally crazy how much these people do!
 Yes, I did get a shot with just Vice President.  I was so shocked that I got one I have the goofiest smile on my face.
 After they left the counter-snipers got to come off the roof.  They were hilareous. They said it was 160 degrees on the roof and the gund they were using were taller than I am!  These guys were almost more exciting to meet than the VP!
IThe Vice President took time to talk to the veterans and one veteran asked for his tie before he left. . . you better believe Joe handed it over to him.

Overall this was a very cool experience, whether or not you like him or endorse him I am happy that our programs works hard and recieves the recognition it deserves!

No comments: